The goal of the Neighborhood Plan will be to re-establish the Sharswood/Blumberg community into a network of safe, well-functioning neighborhoods across Lower North Philadelphia and the region with access to high quality public schools, services, public assets, transportation, and improved access to jobs.
What are some issues, or areas for improvement in your neighborhood?
- Need safe, clean, exciting recreation activities
- Streets are dirty. Too much trash, too many abandoned buildings
- Lack of opportunities for education - closed schools, job training
- Need markets & store
- Libraries need to be accessible at least 6 days/week
- Not an area where there are goods & services available
- No Mom and Pop stores
- Better Markets to shop for food, we have no real supermarkets
- Drivers need to be more observant and courteous to seniors and handicap
- Better transportation (access to areas outside of neighborhood)
- No commercial corridor
- Job training and actual job placement. Real jobs after the training.
- Old infrastructure
- Vacant land
- Community gardens
- Lack of computer labs